Mahasarakham University (MSU) has the great effort to move toward green university with the objectives to maintain and develop the clean, ordered, shady and pleasant landscapes, to be the green university and conserve environment and to provide decent learning atmosphere for MSU people having better quality of life. To effectively fulfill the objectives, MSU hereby announce political guideline as in the following:
1. Land use development
- Move toward establishment of the most ultimate utilization of new land use functions, developed from emergent or restored lands.
- Move toward extensions of activity areas
- Move toward extensions of areas for learning sustainable economics and community life styles
2. Traffic system development for better accessibility
- Construct additional roads, bridges and gates
- Renovate gates and fences around the university
- Connect footpaths within the educational zone
- Move toward developing public transport systems
- Develop parking areas for motor vehicles and bicycles
- Develop sign systems, including maps, street name signs, gate signs and direction signs
- Move toward regulating the effective traffic management standard, traffic signs, on-road symbols and speed humps.
3. Landscape development for good learning atmosphere
- Establish areas for green activities and multi-purposes
- Extend footpaths and bicycle routes
- Improve landscapes along the main roads and surrounding study buildings.
- Create landmarks, natural study rooms and activity areas
- Move toward creating opened physical areas in order to encourage public participations, to facilitate development of effective administrative management, which is the driving key to successfulness, and to improve work skills and moral minds of human resource and good relationships among them.
These policies shall be announced for public acknowledgement
Announcement of the Mahasarakham University
Subject: Reductions of Paper and Plastic Consumptions Policies
Mahasarakham University (MSU) has the great effort to minimize paper and plastic consumptions in offices for energy saving and environmental conservation. To ensure the successful implementation and public participation, Mahasarakham University hereby announced policies on the reductions of paper and plastic consumptions as in the following:
1. Focus on and encourage participations from all segments in administrations and reductions of paper and plastic consumptions for energy saving and environmental conservations.
Reductions of paper and plastic consumptions by using 3R principles, which are Reduce, Reuse and Recycle
Use paper efficiently on both sides as appropriate
2. Toward development of effective managements on energy saving and environmental conservation for ultimate benefits and feasibility
Send electronic messages through computer network system to minimize paper and energy consumptions.
Use ecofriendly shopping bags instead of plastic bags. In case of a fewer items, avoid using the plastic bag.
3. Drive any activities or measures that endorse the significance of environmental conservation
Campaign, create awareness and promote participations in energy saving, environmental and natural resources management
1. Air conditioning
1.1. Turn on air conditioners during 10:00 – 11:30 and 13:00 – 16:00
1.2. Set air-conditioned temperature to 25oC or higher
1.3. Turn off suction fans while air conditioners are turned on
1.4. Close doors, windows and curtains while air conditioners are turned on
1.5. Install cabinets or shelves close to the walls along the eastern or western sides of buildings to prevent heat radiation from the walls to humans
1.6. Clean air conditioners at least once a year
2.1. Turn off lights immediately when they are not in use or no one in the rooms for more than 15 minutes
2.2. Open windows and curtains while air conditioners are not in use to naturally lighten indoor areas
2.3. Clean light bulbs and lamps at least once every 6 months to increase lighting efficiency
3. Office supplies and electric appliances
3.1. Unplug office supplies and electric appliances immediately after they are turned off (except for audio-visual equipment, laboratory equipment and refrigerators)
3.2. Set screen-saver program to turn off desktop screen automatically after 10 minutes of nonresponse
3.3. Minimize paper consumption by reusing one-side used papers as appropriate and promote message delivery through electronic mails
3.4. Fill a proper amount of water in water boilers for consumptions
4. Electrical elevator
4.1. Campaign using ladders instead of the elevators for 1–2 floors up and down
4.2. Shut down some elevators during low demands, such as after working hours or nighttime or school breaks
5. Water and trees
5.1. Turn off the faucet tightly after used
5.2. Check water leakages from faucets and sanitary wares regularly and inform person in charge immediately when the leakages are found.
5.3. Collaborate any tree planting activities arranged by the university
6. Petroleum oil
6.1. Always plan for directions and vehicle schedules and record vehicle usage logs for verifiability
6.2. Maintain vehicle conditions regularly, such as check tire pressure, motor oil, radiator and air filter
6.3. Limit vehicle speed to 90 km per hour
6.4. Campaign riding bicycles to work for a short distance
Maha Sarakham 44150 Thailand
Tel/Fax : +66 4375 4241
Phone:Tel/Fax : +66 4375 4241
Email:Email : firstname.lastname@example.org